Tuesday 2 December 2008

Target Audience - Questionnaire

We were asked to conduct a questionnaire to determine our target audience and so I chose the type of questions that I thought would give me an insight in to my potential audience for the following genres: Thriller, Romantic Comedy and Horror Films.

1. How old are you?
7 - 14
15 - 17
18 - 30
30+

I chose these particular type of age brackets as they fit accordingly to British film classifications: U & PG, 12, 15 and 18.

2. What gender are you?
Male
Female

Gender is normally included in questionnaires and it was important to include this question to differentiate differences in male and female as it is significant and differs for different genres.

3. What is your current occupation?
Full - Time Employment
Part - Time Employment
Retired
Student
Unemployed

Knowing participants occupation also helps to determine their social background and as to what types of class watch different genres of films. I thought it may differ judging on different occupations so this was also important.

4. What would you describe as your current marital status?
Single
Married
Seperated
Divorced
In a relationship
Engaged
Widowed

Marital status describes the relationship between a person and a significant other. This is important to determine what different genres may be viewed by people either in relationships or if they were single.


5. How would you define your ethnicity?
(please state)
---------------------------------------------
I thought a question on ethnicity would help me to understand my target audience's sense of identity or how they percieve themselves which may be important according to what type of issues may be involved in a film they would normally view.

6. What is your typical preferred genre?
Thriller
Horror
Romantic Comedy

This question is based on purely audience preference, it links to the type of films my target audience would normally see or not see.

7. Define what you would expect to find in a...?

i) A romantic comedy
ii) A thriller film
iii) A horror film

By asking this question I thought it would allow me to see what my target audience is used to seeing and what they would like to view in these three genres. It also refers to gender as male and female preferences may differ.

8. How often do you visit a cinema?
Everyday
Once a week
More than once a week
Once a fortnight
Once a month
Every 6 months
Once a year
Every 2 years
Never

This type of question allows me to understand how my audience incorporates film socially. By visiting cinemas it is viewed as a pleasure and leads to an audiences passion for film.

9. Last film viewed
(please state)
---------------------------

I thought this would be a good question to end on as it allows the audience again to show their preferred type of genre or what they would typically enjoy more.

No comments: